Call of Heaven:
Is a traditional Catholic resource for women seeking information about becoming a religious (sister or nun). Only the more conservative orders will be found here, mainly through the Council Of Major Superiors of Women Religious (CMSWR). If one is searching for a more liberal community of sisters, one should direct their search to the LCWR. As often as possible we will spotlight a new order belonging to the CMSWR complete with information on the order including contacts. It is also possible communities outside of the CMSWR will be discussed if they come to my attention.
This blog site is not affiliated with any religious community or the CMSWR, and is for informational purposes only.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sisters Of Our Lady Of Mercy (Dorchester, MA.)



The Congregation Of the Sisters Of Our Lady Of Mercy is the order of Saint Faustina Kowalska who was also known as the saint of the Divine Mercy devotion. The order was founded in Warsaw, Poland in 1862. The sisters started a congregation in Dorchester (an historic neighborhood of Boston) in 1988 when 3 sisters arrived in the U S at the request of Cardinal Bernard Law.

The congregation now has 8 sisters plus some young women in formation. As you can see in the photo above, these sisters are devoted to the 'Divine Mercy' which is a devotion started by Saint Faustina in Poland in the 1930's, and has since spread throughout the world.

I remember seeing one of these nuns being interviewed on television (I think it was on EWTN), and I was very impressed with her. As you can see, they wear the full habits of their order, and they are considered an active-contemplative congregation.




The photo above is of their congregation house at 241 Neponset Ave, which is set between Pope John Paul II Academy-to the right of it, and Saint Ann's Catholic Church- just off to the left (both out of view).

The Sisters of Our Lady Of Mercy:

*Wear Full Habit

*Pray the Liturgy Of the Hours together as a community

*Pray the Chaplet to the Divine Mercy

*Reach out to male and female prisoners, pray with the dying in nursing homes, and spread the devotion to the Divine Mercy, etc...

Candidates should be 18-35 years old.
In good physical and mental health.
There is much more information available on their website: http://www.sisterfaustina.org




For more information please contact the sisters directly either by mail, e-mail, or phone- all of which are provided below. You can pay them a visit or come to the Divine Mercy devotion in their convent chapel- contact them for the days and hours.

Local Superior & Vocation Director: Sister Donata Farbaniec

Write to:  Vocation Directress
                    Sisters Of Our Lady Of Mercy
                    241 Neponset Ave.
                    Dorchester, MA. 02122                     Telephone: 617-288-1202


E-mail address: vocation@sisterfaustina.org

4 comments:

  1. I Bless you in The Name of The Father Son and Holy Spirit.
    I would love to be in one of these congergations. One day I am right now getting a ged and A cna. Next year would you oray for my vocation. God bless you would I have to ask fir vocation information?
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to contact the religious order directly. Just go to their website online by clicking on the links provided. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a question.

      I have my ged test soon. I am having a hard time in math could you pray for me.

      Ill be 18 in december.

      I was wandering Do sone sisters have to go to college.

      Right now I want to enter the monastery in 2 years or less and I am looking for a simple job.

      For me I cant go to collge right now. After I get my Ged i want to increase my catecism. Then I really want to enter some convent.

      This convent there are positions where you can gate gaurd homemaker like St Faustina did.

      I really want to enter a monastery now I really cannot afford college, and it hard to pass the math part.

      Is there anything I can still do.

      God bless pax Christi

      Delete
  3. Hello- Most orders would accept a woman with a G E D who is at least 18 years old. There are some orders that require a college degree but those are for nursing and teaching orders. Orders like the Carmelites, Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, and the Poor Clares, with accept someone with a GED only. Plus a great many others. You really need to contact the orders directly. And yes I'll say a prayer for you. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete